May 6, 2011

Art/Music Collaboration: Dwarves In The Sky

Added  a new artwork to the Gallery. Just completed yesterday, an art/music collaboration with Karimn 'Patt-Ytto' D.K.I. Please view the artwork as you listen to his beautiful music. Unfortunately, with the way I have set up my pages, I can't place the music in the Gallery. Make sure you turn up the volume enough to hear the percussion and strings.


Title: Dwarfs In The Sky by Karimn 'Patt-Ytto' D.K.I. (I used the Title as in his DeviantArt upload)

Music has always been a huge inspiration to me so I'd wanted to do something like this for a while now. This may not be one of my best work, but I've definitely learnt a lot from it. I hope to do more of such collaborations in the future   :)   So I thank Patt-Ytto for letting me have a go at creating a scene from a piece of music.

You may find him on DeviantArt and on Newgrounds.


Till next time then.

2 comments:

  1. This is nice! Amazing how a piece of audio can inspire a whole visual composition....This would make a great little lighthearted platformer :P ...dwarves jumping around, gliding and swinging while collecting...some sort of crystals? It would be great to see Patt-Ytto's comments on your piece and how they relate to what he had on his mind...I like the song btw. Would be nice to hear exactly how you got from listening to this to that image :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was happy with the depiction :D He actually has a description about the dwarves and their crystal-collecting...in his Newgrounds submission, I think. Mmm as to how I got to this image..I did a few concepts on the dwarves and environment and then decided how I would like to put them together. Nothing special really haha.. but really fun to do!

    ReplyDelete